[OM] Re: Aperture question

Subject: [OM] Re: Aperture question
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 19:38:18 -0700
> From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> ... the smart gizmo in Aperture added my surname to all the version
> names when importing the image files.  Does anyone know a way to make
> a bulk change of version names?

First off, are you sure you care?

Think of names in Aperture as "opaque references" -- meaningless
handles that only must be unique, and that only have meaning within
Aperture.

When you export, there are a huge variety of naming options available,
so your file name outside Aperture has nothing to do with whatever
Aperture uses internally.

:::: The day Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck is probably
the day they start making vacuum cleaners. -- Ernst Jan Plugge
:::: Jan Steinman <http://www.Bytesmiths.com/Item/98-4882-15>