[OM] Re: Another question on pc antivirus.

Subject: [OM] Re: Another question on pc antivirus.
From: AS <alizookoman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 07:30:08 -0700 (PDT)
Fernando,

Sometimes AV software packages give out false positives. I recently installed
AVG on a server and it found some odd Trojan. More than likely a false
positive. If a file is indeed infected, many times the virus will
rename/replace the working file. The AV file will remove the infected file and
your .exe should be ok. I have heard that on Vista - actual DLL's that get
infected are actually replaced and when detected by an AV software the DLL's
cannot be replaced thus causing issues within Vista.