[OM] Re: begonia

Subject: [OM] Re: begonia
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 22:49:11 -0700
Fernando Gonzalez Gentile wrote:
> Personally, I don't like save for web - prefer making the resize myself: much
> less contrasty IMHO, albeit bigger files 'though.

I don't like it either. Or didn't like it; I haven't used it for so long
I forget what I didn't like besides the loss of EXIF.

I use, and very much like, SI Pro 2 for the downsampling and
Intellisharpen II for final sharpening at display size. I have actions
set up for my usual display sizes, so all I have to do is click to go to
web display size.

Both plug-ins are from www.fredmiranda.com/software/
<http://www.fredmiranda.com/software/>.
> May I ask your advise on the some windows problems I am encountering as
> a newbie in the PC world:
>
> 1- Found three add-on which show exif data for FF, these are: Exif
> Viewer; Fx IF, and photoinfo. The first is the newest and most
> downloaded, but it's rated four stars only. Which did you find more useful?

Let me confuse you a little more. I use PhotoME. It's more than a FF
plug-in. Right click on an image in FF and Open Image in PhotoME is an
option with shortcut key of P. You can also set it to show up in the
Open With right click menu in Windows Explorer for looking at images on
your own computer.

It seems to show all EXIF and other forms of metadata. It has added
icons for image editors in one corner and will open the image in any of
them with one click. I think it's pretty slick, and it's free.
> <clip stuff I can't help with>
>
> ... spring is showing up here and I have a new 4 and a new 24/2.8 H.Zuiko.
Excellent! I know you will have fun with them.

Moose