[OM] Re: penn st. puke

Subject: [OM] Re: penn st. puke
From: Paul Braun <cygnus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 08:48:04 -0500
Timpe, Jim wrote:

>>From my own backyard.....
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:EMPPano11.jpg

Gehry's buildings are ridiculous.  Disjointed, ugly, impractical.
Meant, in my opinion, to draw attention to the building itself and
Gehry, rather than providing a functional home for the owner.  Whether
it's Disney Hall in LA, the Guggenheim in Bibao, or that thing in
Seattle, to me they're just ugly, twisted piles of shapes with no
cohesiveness, no flow.  Definitely don't fit in organically with their
surroundings.

I guess there's too much Wright in my blood to ever accept Gehry's work
as anything other than garish displays.

--

Paul Braun
Valparaiso, IN

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever." - David St. Hubbins

"Enjoy every sandwich." - Warren Zevon