[OM] Scorpion fluorescence UV/Black Light Blue First Try

Subject: [OM] Scorpion fluorescence UV/Black Light Blue First Try
From: "Darin" <d.rhein@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2008 06:13:12 -0700
Hello,

Just thought I'd share the results of my first attempt at photographing
scorpion fluorescence.

This first photo, for reference, is of the scorpion in the wild. This photo was
made with OM-2s, Fuji Superia X-TRA 400, MD2, T-32 w/diffuser, Vivitar
100mm/2.8 Macro.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/cougar101/Insects/Scorpion41.jpg

The gear used for the photos below:
Camera - OM-4 w/MD2
Film - Fuji Superia X-TRA 400
Lens - Vivitar 100mm/2.8 Macro at f32
Tripod/Head - Bogen Manfrotto 3021BPro w/Bogen Manfrotto 486RC2
Light source - 4 watt handheld fluorescent UV lamp

All photos made in auto mode, unfortunately I didn't think to time the
exposures, the macro ratio is 1:2.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/cougar101/Scorpion%20UV%20Test/Scorpion81.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/cougar101/Scorpion%20UV%20Test/Scorpion91.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/cougar101/Scorpion%20UV%20Test/Scorpion111.jpg

I have a few more shots taken with OM-2s that I've yet to scan. I'll post those
at a latter time.

Hope you all enjoy and please feel free to comment, critique, or ask questions.

Thanks to all who offered advice,
Darin