[OM] [OT] Tree felling debris

Subject: [OM] [OT] Tree felling debris
From: Brian Gray <brian.gray@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2008 21:49:08 +0100

: "Timpe, Jim" <Jim.Timpe@xxxxxxxxx>

wrote
<Did you have to pay for the felling/removal, or is there some trade for
<good wood going on?
<I know arborists around here get quite a hefty fee for any tree
<felling/removal.  First hand, I know.

In this part of NW England there is certainly a trade in wood
chippings made from felled trees or the results of pruning.  Getting
a big pine pruned/shaped last year cost us and our neighbours real
money but the leader of the team of arboriculturists spent much of
his time on his mobile/cell phone buying and selling
chips.  Everything cut off (up to about 6 inch diameter) from 'our'
tree went into his industrial scale chipper and the output was blown
into his lorry.  Apparently the market for high quality sorted wood
chips is provided by a factory in Wales making chip-board while other
material is used for arenas at horse riding stables, horse gallops, etc.
Brian