[OM] Re: Scary moment

Subject: [OM] Re: Scary moment
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 10:49:48 +0100
I disagree here, since it does not take much to alter the lens register -
any epoxy between the mating surfaces of the adaptor parts will increase the
lens register, and tend to reduce the furthest point to which the lens will
focus.  Of course, that assumes the adaptor permits the lens to focus at
infinity but not beyond - which was not the case with at least one Chinese
adaptor I have. This made use of an OM mount 8mm lens very tricky, so I put
some shims between the mating surfaces of the adaptor.  Problem solved.

Piers