[OM] Re: e330 question

Subject: [OM] Re: e330 question
From: "montsnmags@xxxxxxxxx" <montsnmags@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 15:08:56 +1000
Moose wrote:
> I think the answer is probably implicit in what I wrote above. xD
 > cards don't have a built-in controller, but rely on controller
 > functions in the camera.

Thanks for that. It wasn't anything like I was expecting (as per my
format and "quick format" part). Interesting.

> Chuck's right that xD is a poor design. I was only pointing out that
 > it works ok if one follows the rules and thus allows one to enjoy
 > the benefits of a unique camera like your 770SW or my F30. There's
 > nothing like either one that also uses CF or SD.

Yes, the time has never bothered me. The 770SW was exactly what I was
after for going anywhere, (literally) chucking around, chasing the dogs
along the beach with, going into the surf with, slipping in the pocket
at all times, washing off, and basically not handling with kid gloves.
I've never been one to be all that concerned with counting the "wasted"
seconds of my day, as I can usually "waste" the hours all by myself. :)

Anyway, speaking of the 770SW, I think I'm going to buy one (or its
current equivalent) for my brother and almost-sister-in-law for their
house-warming/engagement present. I think it'll be good for them as they
need the pocketability, they need the robustness, and they're
beach-people too (and, trust me, sand gets in *every* crack, not just
your own, at the beach). Also, since I've got one similar, they've got
someone they can use as a "Help Desk".

Cheers,
Marc (whose old EOS 50E has a dial that reluctantly turns with a sandy
crunch)
Noosa Heads, Oz
http://www.parknmeter.com/gallery