[OM] Re: e330 question

Subject: [OM] Re: e330 question
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 22:21:57 -0700
Jim Nichols wrote:
> Hi, Moose,
>
> You may well be correct.  I do this with my Fuji F10, but don't use the
> camera very often since acquiring my E-510. It is very convenient, but could
> wind up causing a problem.

I had heard there was a problem when buying the F10, so I did some
research. It appears that Fuji's are less fussy than Olys, possible
something to do with Oly's special, panorama format - or just crummier
formatting firmware. I think a simple erasure of all files on F10,
et.al. is safe, but writing files or formatting can be trouble. Still, I
keep it simple.

One solution suggested for people with xD cards that their Oly digicams
wouldn't recognize was to take them to a friend or shop and format them
in a Fuji. Apparently that would often work, allowing the Oly to
recognize and format them itself.

Moose