[OM] Re: e330 question

Subject: [OM] Re: e330 question
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 00:43:49 -0500
Moose,

My problem is evolutionary.  Up until about six months ago, my wife and I
used several VCRs to take care of our time-shifting needs.  We like to watch
recorded TV fairly late at night, and each has his/her own idea of what to
watch.  When "my" VCR died, no one offered a simple VCR as a replacement.  I
researched what was available and purchased a combination VCR/DVD recorder
with a built-in tuner, and used the VCR side as I had done in the past.
Then, recently, the tapes recorded on the 6-hour speed refused to track
correctly when played. The 2-hour speed still works, but this won't get a
football game for me. Consequently, I decided to buy a cheap DVD player for
the family room TV to replace the old VCR player, and to learn to record on
the readily available, but never used DVD side of my recorder.

The reason I have not considered a DVR is that I record in one part of the
house and play back in another.  I have no interest in rewiring the house,
or getting into some other exotic means of connectivity. Another
complication is that our local power company will start offering
fiber-to-the-premises phone/cable-tv/internet in a couple of months, and I
may see what they have to offer.  They may include a DVR in one of their
packages.

Tonight it worked perfectly, and, so far, it has only cost me $50 for a Sony
DVD player.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA