[OM] Re: Panasonic G-1 - micro 4/3 camera

Subject: [OM] Re: Panasonic G-1 - micro 4/3 camera
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 08:06:22 +1000
Groan.
How about a 'classic  rangefinder format with AF and focus
confirmation'.
Yes I'd be happy with a G9 shape with interchangeable lenses and a
large sensor.
The only problem with the G1 was that the finder had no patch and you
could miss the point of focus.
There was an indication of focus distance but that was less than
useful except for MF.
In fact, as I remember, the G9 has something very similar.
The Contax even managed a (horrendously expensive) standard zoom.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx