[OM] Spooky Camera Behavior

Subject: [OM] Spooky Camera Behavior
From: "Charles Geilfuss" <charles.geilfuss@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 16:43:19 -0400
  A while back I mentioned that I've been doing some infrared photography
with an old Olympus C-700 UZ. I took a few images yesterday of Fort Moultrie
on Sullivan's Island. The spooky behavior occured after I downloaded the
images to my PC. No I didn't see IR ghosts but I did notice one thumbnail
image in the folder was of an image I had deleted from the SM card about a
month ago. Much to my surprise when I double clicked the image to open it,
it was one of the IR scenics I had taken yesterday and not the full color
image of a bumble bee I took and deleted a month ago. I rechecked the camera
card by viewing the images through the camera and the bee image is nowhere
to be seen. What gives? I would have thought the thumbnails displayed by the
PC are generated from the actual photo file on the hard drive. Am I
mistaken? Is the thumbnail generated by the camera in a hidden process of
which I am unaware?

Charlie