[OM] Re: Coolscan V ED discontinued

Subject: [OM] Re: Coolscan V ED discontinued
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 21:05:01 +0100
Welllllll, it's not that different from olympus UK's approach to service of
OM equipment.  They accept 4Ti bodies for service from working pro
photographers, farm them out to an independent repairer, but offer not parts
backup whatever.  Surely there are non-franchised repair facilities in
Canada ready to jump into the breach?  If not, there can't be much demand -
which suggests they don't go wrong :-)

If you do follow AG's line of thinking and get a 5000-ED, I have a roll film
adapter available.  I offered it to him when he was thinking of getting a
scanner, but he chose the V-ED which cannot use the bulk-scanning adaptors -
hey, Ken, don't say I didn't tell you :-).

--
Piers