[OM] Re: Coolscan V ED discontinued

Subject: [OM] Re: Coolscan V ED discontinued
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 16:28:11 -0700
Ken Norton wrote:

> Very good point.  Which begs the question of why the market isn't flooded
> with a huge inventory of unwanted 4000dpi scanners.  Since "nobody" shoots
> film anymore, you'd think that they would be as common as Beanie Babies on
> ebay.

Likely many are like me, using it less, but with both a big inventory of
older film I intend to scan and still unsure how much film I will be
shooting going forward. I believe I read that film sales have bottomed
out, then bounced back a bit.

With the cost sunk, and the alternatives for scanning unappealing, it
feels good to have the trusty tool at hand.

I happen to have used it quite a bit lately, but would still have it anyway.

Moose