[OM] Re: Coolscan V ED discontinued

Subject: [OM] Re: Coolscan V ED discontinued
From: <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 04:59:16 +0000
Have you considered buying something like this?
<http://www.photo-i.co.uk/Reviews/interactive/Epson%20V700/page_1.htm>

I just bought a refurbished one directly from Epson for $350 shipping included.
 When it arrived I discovered that a small plastic film height adjuster was
missing from the 35mm slide holder.  I called Epson and they were unable to
supply just the film height adjuster and sent me a complete slide holder
instead.  They also gave me the names of several third party Epson parts
sellers they use as distributors.  At the first company I tried (can't remember
the name right now) I found a complete exploded parts diagram for the Epson
V700.  I found the film height adjusters for 25 cents each so ordered 10
(they're small and easy to lose).  That put my other slide holder back into
commission so I also ordered another negative holder for the grand sum of 10 or
12 dollars.

I didn't have a chance to even try scanning any film before I left on my trip
but everything has gone fairly well so far.

Chuck Norcutt