[OM] Re: 5D MK II

Subject: [OM] Re: 5D MK II
From: "montsnmags@xxxxxxxxx" <montsnmags@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 09:33:10 +1000
Moose wrote:
> Woops, I looked in the wrong column. Now it's even clearer why the new
> battery for the 5D MkII, with HD video mode.

There is a statement (probably dpreview) that the LP-E6 battery is the
"same size" as the BP-511A, but they note that it has slightly recessed
contacts and takes a different charger, so though it might not
completely negate hope of the BP-511A being usable in the 5D Mk II, I
wouldn't be putting any money on it, especially seeing as the new
battery-type and camera talk to each other about usage.

I can't really afford it though, and a 50D is probably perfect to
replace my "aging" 10D.

Cheers,
Marc
Noosa Heads, Oz