[OM] Re: Single-piece M42 adaptors was Re: IMG: Hummingbird

Subject: [OM] Re: Single-piece M42 adaptors was Re: IMG: Hummingbird
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 07:28:48 +1000

On 19/09/2008, at 5:51 AM, Ken Norton wrote:

>> Personally I'm developing a currency system based around common
>> Australian units - there'll be three snags to the pie, six pies to
>> the pav and three pavs to the slab . Tourist will just have to get
>> used to it.
> How many Zlotychs is that?
>
> AG

Good question - it's a long time since I used zlotys - I suspect
about three miliion to the pie.
The advantage of my currency system is that, in the event of a crash,
currency meltdown, etc., you still eat.
The 'slab' is a common unit of currency in the construction industry
- for those not in the know, it's 24 cans of beer shrink-wrapped into
a flat brick. It is used as follows -
"How much dya want for that scrap timber over there?"
"Oh, coupla slabs orta do it."
There's a few parts of my house paid for in that way.

Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.pbase.com/afildes

-- Type: multipart/appledouble