[OM] Re: 5dmarkII

Subject: [OM] Re: 5dmarkII
From: <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 12:28:11 +0000
The 5D may very well have problems with tracking moving objects.  I wouldn't
know since I rarely attempt shooting something moving let alone something
moving fast.  My attempts to use multiple focus points and/or focus tracking
have been rather hit and miss.  But I have not blamed the camera for this.
When focus tracking one is still obligated to keep the focus point on the
subject which can be extremely difficult.  Getting the focus point off the
subject gives the camera an opportunity to focus on something else which may be
way beyond the depth of field.  When shooting moving objects I fall back to
pre-focusing on something at the expected distance and allowing DOF to take up
the slack.  When shooting birds use a blind.

Chuck Norcutt