[OM] Re: [OT] A useful weather link for the US

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] A useful weather link for the US
From: Russ Butler <rbinnj@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2008 11:53:12 -0400
chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I've been using the following NOAA graphical forecast link for a couple of
> years but I've never run into anyone else who knows about it.  It's
> especially handy when traveling.  Choose the area of interest on the map and
> then slide your mouse up and down the various columns to see the map change
> with time.
> <http://www.weather.gov/forecasts/graphical/sectors/conusWeek.php>

Thanks Chuck.

I've been using that for years but, dah, never thought of just mousing
down the weather column. I've clicked but not just slid.

Another I've found to be quite useful is

http://www.weather.gov/outlook_tab.php

The last three graphics, Precip Amt Day 1 etc. are very useful. I find
them to be more indicative of what's actually going to happen. I ride a
motorcycle so precipitation is important :-)