[OM] Re: Hanging photos without framing

Subject: [OM] Re: Hanging photos without framing
From: "Sue Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 14:03:32 -0500
Should your images be timeless, there is an archival version of FoamCore. I
believe that Gator is all plastic, and probably OK. I prefer both to mattte
board, which is for another purpose.

I recently h ad a large blow-up made for a charity auction. I did what
another photographer has done. He has lab prints made (in this case on a
durst Epsilon with kodak paper) and has the lab laminate them, thus
eliminating the cost and weight of glass. I used a new matte surface that is
much less matte than many, and doesn't soften the image or reducce the dmax.
For a 16x24? Total bill, less than $30. Add about 18 for an aluminum
sectional frame, and I'm done and happy. It could have been laminateed to
foam core, for easy hanging.

Bill Pearce