[OM] Re: OM-1 Viewfinder

Subject: [OM] Re: OM-1 Viewfinder
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2008 07:17:43 +1000
It's probably the best SLR finder ever made. I find the new full
frame bodies like the Nikon D3 & D700 are almost as good as an old
film finder - were you referring to an 1D or 1Ds? But nothing
compares to an OM-1 with no flash shoe - just drop the eye into it.
Specks in lenses were often not dust but tiny particles of the black
paint used to edge coat the lens elements - which seem to break away
with time. A few don't seem to have any effect on images especially
if you really have to hunt for them. Any lens of that age is going to
have some - it is possible to get it cleaned of course but not
usually necessary (unless it really, really bothers you).
Of course, you could complain to the seller and request a discount -
they really should have been mentioned in an ebay listing, for instance.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx