[OM] Re: Hanging photos without framing

Subject: [OM] Re: Hanging photos without framing
From: "tOM Trottier" <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2008 18:52:46 -0400
When newspaper layout was physical, we often used a waxy "glue" which
(when hot) could be rolled onto the back of the columns  with a special kind
of rolling glue gun to enable the columns to stick to the layout, but it was
still easy to lift and move all the pieces.

Peace, tOM

On Friday, September 26, 2008 at 9:05,
Barry Hinderks <olympus@xxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

| Several years ago I headed a team that put on a display of 150 matted
| prints at the local  centre. We couldn't frame (too costly) and
| needed to mount directly to the walls. I managed to find a  product
| at a dollhouse supplier. It was a waxy substance that they use to
| hold furniture and fixtures in place in the houses. The stuff holds
| like crazy but comes off with a flick of a fingernail and leaves no
| marks. We tested it on the walls with the maintenance people for a
| week and it worked like a charm. The display was up for 30 days and
| worked beautifully. Can't recall the brand name of the product but
| the doll house suppliers knew instantly what I needed when I
| described what we were doing.
| BarryH
|
| At 11:46 PM 25/09/2008, William W wrote:
|

| >One other thing where Epoxy and Gaffer tape come to my mind ;-))
| >
| >Sorry no serious alternative solution I know of without having to
| >buy the frames.
| >

| > > Datum: 26/09/08 04:06 AM
| > > Van: "AS"
| > > Aan: olympus@xxxxxxxxxx
| > > CC:
| > > Onderwerp : [OM] Hanging photos without framing
| > >

| > > Is there some type of photo mounting available with wire on the
| > back? I dont want to have a bunch of photos framed because that
| > gets expensive. I have a show coming up and would rather just mount
| > on foam core (or other material) w/ wire on the back if possible.
| > >
| > > Thanks.
| > >

| > > ==============================================
| > > List usage info: http://www.zuikoholic.com
| > > List nannies: olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx
| > > ==============================================
| > >

| >==============================================
| >List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
| >List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx
| >==============================================
|

| ==============================================
| List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
| List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx

-- Facilius enim per partes in cognitionem totius
adducimur -
-
tOM Trottier,  +1 613 860-6633
469 Ancaster Ave,  Ottawa, ON K2B 5B6  Canada
http://Information.Architecture.Abacurial.com
  Est-ce c'est necessaire d'imprimer ce courriel? /
  Do you really need to print this email?