[OM] Re: Genius of Photography

Subject: [OM] Re: Genius of Photography
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 07:22:33 +0200
I think the BBC is the greatest UK national treasure. Fortunately, it
has always been widely available in the places where I have lived. In
the Netherlands, it was just part of our cable package (at least BBC1
and 2 plus Prime and of course BBC World). Here in Spain we only get
BBC World which is better than nothing but a bit of a bummer since it
means I can no longer watch Match of the Day on Sunday mornings, which
used to be a significant part of my Sunday ritual.

As for rights etc., as far as I can tell the main restrictions are on
football, which is why you cannot view certain video streams on the
web site if you access it from outside the UK. I have occasionally
managed to view such contents by going through an open proxy with a UK
IP address, but it is a bit clunky.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman