[OM] Re: Yellowed 24mm f/2.0 MC

Subject: [OM] Re: Yellowed 24mm f/2.0 MC
From: Dawid Loubser <dawidl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 07:26:11 +0200
I agree, although the slight darkening (which seems to be almost a
stop) does in
a way negate using this lens over the smaller f/2.8 version :-) We
will see.

By the way, I contacted the seller about this problem, politely
informing him of the significant
yellow cast of the lens, which was not mentioned in the sale page. I
didn't even insist on a refund
or so (especially since all the shipping would cost more than the
lens) but just asking him what
he suggests we do about it. Have a look at the lovely response:

> Message from 'treazurekat' (do NOT buy from this seller)

> Stop whining; that's a $400 lens you moron! I ended the auction
> early because eBay suspended me. I no longer sell used equipment on
> eBay precisely because of cry babies like you; if you want a BRAND
> NEW 24mm f2 lens go to a camera store and buy one for $2000.00!

So yes, the point being, I am definitely buying from list members from
now on - though (apart from my
seeming bad luck with OM-gear) I have always had good eBay experience.

Out of principle, I am going to file a dispute and take this further,
this assclown should
not be allowed to get away with an attitude towards his sellers like
that.

wishing you all a good day,
Dawid