[OM] Re: petrol gas in a diesel was [SPAM] off camera flash?

Subject: [OM] Re: petrol gas in a diesel was [SPAM] off camera flash?
From: Doug <doug9345@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 08:42:04 -0400
On Friday, October 03, 2008 07:42, Chris Barker wrote:

> And I am being quite serious at the moment, owing to having just put
> 34litres of unleaded petrol in my beautiful Beemer (diesel).
>
> Chris

I've done the opposite, almost did the diesel in a gas(petrol) truck trick
because it's hard to remember at 3 o'clock in the morning that I'm driving
the one odd ball truck in the fleet.

Anyway how bad did it run or didn't it? The stories I've are that the engines
will immediately blow up, but they were always a friend of a friend type and
therefore of little credence.