[OM] Re: Petrol in a diesel was off camera flash?

Subject: [OM] Re: Petrol in a diesel was off camera flash?
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2008 19:28:34 +0100
Yes, Ian.

Apart from the strain it would put on the cylinders internally, the
BMW service chaps told me that the fuel provides lubrication for a
number of components.

But my gamble paid off and my little car is OK.  However, it does
smell rather of fuel inside as the tanks were full and they overflowed
when the chap took the covers off to drain the tanks.

Chris