[OM] Re: Yellowed 24mm f/2.0 MC

Subject: [OM] Re: Yellowed 24mm f/2.0 MC
From: "Mark Marr-Lyon" <mark.marrlyon@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2008 10:01:19 -0600
I have a 50/1.4, serial number 184276, that is most definitely radioactive.
 At one point, I tested all my early lenses, and I found a couple additional
lenses that were very slightly radioactive.  They did not have any
noticeable yellowing and I think they were about 100 counts per minute above
background. This is much less than the radioactive versions of the 50/1.4
and 55/1.2, which measure in the thousands of counts per minute above
background and have pronounced yellowing.  I don't remember if the 100/2.8
was among those or not.

Mark