[OM] Re: Ducks & Geese

Subject: [OM] Re: Ducks & Geese
From: Brent <brutherford@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 23:31:21 +1100
Hi David

Thanks - yes I like that one, although I think that one turned out
looking the 'most' artificial - almost looks like I've pasted the
goose from another photo... when all I did was mess with the 'exposure'.

At the moment I'm trying hard to learn about the whole digital
processing thing.  Have played with PS for years but never really
tried to develop my skills with a purpose.   Since I've joined this
list, Moose has really surprised me with what could be done with the
raw materials coming out of digital cameras / scanners so I'm trying a
few things out.

To be honest, my absolute favourite photos that I've taken myself have
all been gritty, raw, high grain black and white.  I think I "think"
differently when I have a black and white film in the camera.   Of
course, maybe it's the being forced to think (or having the time to
think) that makes the difference.  My favourite photos have also all
been taken when I've been able to relax, clear my mind and really
focus on the task at hand.

Sorry, rambling now.

Brent