[OM] A successor to my E1

Subject: [OM] A successor to my E1
From: <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2008 18:04:37 +1300
Hello all,

I'm probably asking something that has been well covered in digests over
the last year, and I confess to having saved but not read many of them.

I enjoy using my E1, and it has been a great introduction to digital
photography.  BUT (and there has to be a 'but' in a contribution such as
this), I am increasingly dis-satisfied at what I can get out of it when
doing landscape photography.

Having, at the ripe age of 70 (just attained), come into some money after
being bought out of the former family home, I am considering up-grading.

The lens I have on my E1 is the budget 14-45mm DZ zoom that came with it,
and sometimes I use some of the large collection of manual Zuikos that I
have. So probably I could get a sharper DZ lens (or two).

But I find that there is not nearly enough detail in my tripod shots, so
here I am asking.

The E3 has 10 MP, but I have heard that it is not very good at higher ISO
settings (like the E1).

An Olympus technician I know has a Canon digital for these reasons, though
he does use some Zuiko lenses on it.

What suggestions / comment do you have?

All advice will be gratefully received!!

Brian Swale