[OM] Re: Once in a while, you're in the right place at the right time...

Subject: [OM] Re: Once in a while, you're in the right place at the right time...
From: Paul Braun <cygnus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 09:30:19 -0500
John Hermanson wrote:
> You are so lucky.  Sure, ask him to sign it, he may feel honored to be
> asked.  You don't get many chances like that.

Well, I brought the cd.

I was standing backstage watching the show when Henry walked up looking
for someone.  I introduced myself to him -- he had that look like maybe
I was mistaking him for someone famous.

Then I said, "Mr. Dilts, it's really a thrill to meet you.  I dabble in
photography myself, and I've admired your work over the years."  Then he
realized I actually knew who he was.

Very humble, unassuming, friendly old hippie.

Then he thanked me and started to leave, and I asked if he'd be willing
to sign one of his photos. He looked surprised when I pulled out my cd
of the Eagles' "Desperado".

"You just happened to have that with you?"

"Well, I knew that I might meet you tonight, so I brought it
specifically for that."

He was happy to sign it for me.  And then he pulled out his little
digicam and asked if he could take shot of me holding the cd.

So I can now say that I've been photographed by Henry Diltz.  How cool
is that?

I just wish I could afford one of his actual prints.  But most of the
ones I saw were in the $1200 and up range.  Oh, well.

--

Paul Braun
Valparaiso, IN

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever." - David St. Hubbins

"Enjoy every sandwich." - Warren Zevon