[OM] Re: Evening walk

Subject: [OM] Re: Evening walk
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2008 00:06:12 -0700
> From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>
>> Nice shot, but you left off the little "You Are Here -->" arrow in
>> the
>> gap between Bruce Peak and Mt. Maxwell.  :-)
>>
> Done! Now you can drive up Mt Maxwell and give us a shot of the valley
> from the overlook :-)

Here you go, shot *hand held* with E3 and OM 500/8 Reflex:

http://www.ecoreality.org/wiki/images/d/dd/EcoReality_from_Mount_Maxwell.jpg

I'm in the basement of the yellow house at the moment, although much
of today was spent getting in firewood and putting energy meters on
the white house so we can subtract the common pump house and garage/
classroom space from the white house electricity bill.

> BTW, whatever happened to the attempt to save Bruce Pk from the
> loggers?

Over and done. Our property backs on the new ~1000 hectare Burgoyne
Bay Provincial Park, which protects 704m (2310 ft) Bruce Peak, down to
sea level at Burgoyne Bay, then back up to Mt. Maxwell. Kind of like
having a 2,500 acre back yard that you don't have to pay taxes on... :-)
        http://www.conservancy.bc.ca/content.asp?sectionid=116

:::: Quite clearly, our task is predominantly metaphysical, for it is
how to get all of humanity to educate itself swiftly enough to
generate spontaneous behaviors that will avoid extinction. -- R.
Buckminster Fuller, _Synergetics_ ::::
:::: Jan Steinman, EcoReality http://www.EcoReality.org ::::