[OM] Re: B&W clouds - software test

Subject: [OM] Re: B&W clouds - software test
From: "montsnmags@xxxxxxxxx" <montsnmags@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2008 22:22:21 +1000
Chris Barker wrote:
> Martyn
>
> I use WordPress on a private site and it is very good.  But Movable
> Type might look prettier.

For what it's worth, Wordpress has a bazillion free themes out there
that you can apply to an installation, to make it look how you wish.
Those themes sometimes have quite a few options to alter your blog's
appearance, administered via a simple web interface, part of the
Wordpress administration interface. You can also modify the theme's
stylesheets directly, and elements/graphics of those themes, if you're
so inclined (I've done that with a theme I liked, but wanted with a
totally different colour pallet). I remember even seeing a website that
let you create your own theme from scratch and packaged it for
application to your own installation. The free, available themes go from
very minimalist styles, with few to no distractions, to things that make
your average MySpace page look like a blank sheet of A4, and everything
in-between. The themes are very easy to apply as well (since you
essentially just "unzip" the theme to the themes directory, then use the
Wordpress Admin pages to apply it).

For me, it was easier to apply and alter the theme of my blogs than it
is to retain the enthusiasm to ever update them. :-)

Cheers,
Marc
Noosa Heads, Oz