[OM] Re: Off topic: Another brush with South African crime

Subject: [OM] Re: Off topic: Another brush with South African crime
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 16:15:49 +0100
I'm really sorry to hear of your experience Dawid, but I'm glad that
you and your fiancée emerged unscathed.  Is it possible that the
guards were in on it?

In my youth I had a friend from Durban; in our many discussions about
Apartheid and its aftermath, we both agreed that things might not be
very pleasant afterwards.  In the event, the transition was far more
peaceful that I imagined it would be, but your (and many others')
experience is most unpleasant.

Chris

On 13 Oct 2008, at 15:31, Dawid Loubser wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> This is very off-topic, but I just wanted to give you a bit of insight
> to our life here in Johannesburg, South Africa. On Saturday morning at
> 03:00, whilst my fiancee and I were asleep, we awoke to an ungodly
> loud
> crash as our glass sliding door in the room next to our bedroom was
> smashed.

snip