[OM] OT Cheap lens

Subject: [OM] OT Cheap lens
From: Brent <brutherford@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 22:10:27 +1100
Hi

Totally OT, well, apart from the Adaptall2 -> OM adapter on top of the
OM -> EOS adapter.

Picked up a lens on the 'bay for about $15 - Tamron model 103A
80-210mm f3.8-4.  Very impressed with it!  Took some snaps with it
this afternoon on the Canon 350D body, although am intending to give
it a try on my OM gear when I get more time.

This one although a rather cliche subject turned out particularly
sharp I thought (handheld, flower beside road):
http://phogra.com/g/v/Tamron/Canon+350D+Tamron+80-210+Macro+4.jpg.html

Full size image:
http://phogra.com/g/d/106-1/Canon+350D+Tamron+80-210+Macro+4.jpg

Testing "Macro" (on-camera flash, not cropped, handheld):
http://phogra.com/g/v/Tamron/Canon+350D+Tamron+80-210+Macro+1.jpg.html

This one cropped a bit:
http://phogra.com/g/v/Tamron/Canon+350D+Tamron+80-210+Macro+28.jpg.html

Has anyone else tried out the old Tamrons?  I read an earlier post
that the 90mm / 2.5 Macro is a bit legendary (and seems to command
pretty good prices as a result).  Are there any other decent quality
bargains out there?

Brent