[OM] Re: OT Cheap lens

Subject: [OM] Re: OT Cheap lens
From: james king <jking@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 12:30:36 +0100
I found that the tamron 90 2.5 does not work with my Canon 5D. I get a
bright spot in the centre which intensifies and reduces in diameter as
you stop down. Wide open I find the Canon 100mm macro to be far better
although the Canon is not cheap and you don't even got a hood or lens
case...
I love the Tamron 80-200 2.8 adaptal 2  (picked it up second hand on
ebay from a Canadian shop for about 200 pounds inc hood, box, tripod
collar etc) and it works so well on my 5D I have never even considered
buying the Canon 70-200 f2.8. It works well for night photography the
only time I have been a little disapointed in it is using it very very
close to its minimum focusing distance.
My father reports good results with the Tamron 24mm on his Sony alpha
100 - I have not tried it myself.

Companies Act 2006 : http://www.londonmet.ac.uk/companyinfo