[OM] Re: Good price for Auto-Bellows + Slide Copy Attachment?

Subject: [OM] Re: Good price for Auto-Bellows + Slide Copy Attachment?
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 16:35:24 +0100
The OM bellows are particularly well made, Dawid, and are very convenient to
use with Zuiko macro lenses because the bellows are marked with mgnification
ratios for the 50 and 80 mm macro lenses.  The almost always suffer from
cracking of the nylon blocks holding the standards to the rail - use that
"defect" to negotiate a reduction (and John H has replacement blocks, as far
as I recall, if you feel the need).

Having said that, if you don't need the slide copier which fits on to the
bellows, they don't really do anything that any no-name bellows would not do
(aside from having a diaphragm operating mechanism, which requires a double
cable release), so I would start from the basis that they are worth little
more than any bellows.  Try USD50?

UK going rate for Olympus bellows would be around GBP50

--
Piers