[OM] Re: Good price for Auto-Bellows + Slide Copy Attachment?

Subject: [OM] Re: Good price for Auto-Bellows + Slide Copy Attachment?
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 20:05:31 -0700
> From: Dawid Loubser <dawidl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> I would really like to get such a bellows at some stage, my 90/2.0
> Macro
> on it should be good fun...

If you really want to copy slides, go for the 80/4. The 90/2, while a
great lens overall, is not as good at 1:1 as the 80/4, at least in my
testing.

> ... I would absolutely love a 20/2.0
> someday...

Unless you're going to get the matching lieberkühn reflector, stage,
and light source, I think you might find the 38/2.8 to be more fun.
The 20 just gets to darn close for anything useful unless it is flat
and specially lit.

:::: Those who don't understand UNIX are condemned to reinvent it,
poorly. -- Henry Spencer ::::
:::: Jan Steinman http://www.Bytesmiths.com/Services ::::