[OM] Re: visiting Chicago

Subject: [OM] Re: visiting Chicago
From: Paul Braun <cygnus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 07:51:45 -0500
siddiq@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Greetings fellow Olynuts in Chicagotown. Any must see or good to see
> things around S Wacker Dr or N Rush Street? I'll have one evening, and
> want to walk around photo-ing and such. Or if any Zuikoheads who
> haven't yet made the transition to Digital Zuiko would like to play
> with an E3+12-60 over dinner :)
>
> Wish I had more time.. As it is, flying in late night on 21, training
> 8-5 on 22, 23, and flying out 8p same day. Anything walkable and worth
> seeing around Wacker (Apple) or Rush (Conrad hotel) would be
> appreciated. I tend to like architecture and street photography.

Right off the top of my head.... can't come up with anything.  My
recommendation is to do what I usually do -- just keep walking as long
as the area looks safe.  If you're looking for architecture, the styles
are just scattered throughout the city.

Go ahead and play tourist and look up a lot.  You'll see a bunch of neat
buildings everywhere you walk.

If my week wasn't so insane, I'd drive in from Indiana and meet you.
But I've got meetings almost every night this week.

--

Paul Braun
Valparaiso, IN

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever." - David St. Hubbins

"Enjoy every sandwich." - Warren Zevon