[OM] Re: [OT] I have returned

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] I have returned
From: "Sue Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 09:16:12 -0500
Your fuel consumption was not very impressive, but I expect that that
> is standard for the USA.
Perhaps a bit above average, especially the high figure.

> I manage to brim my tank by continuing to pump until I can see the
> fuel in the neck of the filler.  That way I can check my fuel
> consumption with at least some degree of consistency.
>
> I am sure that you managed to get yourself some lovely photos as well
> as lifetime experiences.
Don't know about you Brits, but that practice is both impossible and
ill-advised here. It's all but impossible to see into the filler neck on US
cars, as there is a very small hole due to the reducer required that is a
piece of regulation that dates from when leaded fuel was still available.
Complete with a little spring loaded flap, the filler is smaller than usual
for no-lead. Likewise, it is said that "overfilling" and 'topping off" will
damage parts of the emission controls.

And, I'll bet he got some ggreat ones!

Bill Pearce