[OM] Re: Lens Firmware Updates

Subject: [OM] Re: Lens Firmware Updates
From: "Timpe, Jim" <Jim.Timpe@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 07:59:53 -0700
You update the lens while it's attached to the body.  Same with flashes,
whatever.  Affix it to the body, then go through the firmware update
routine.  It will determine the accessories attached, their firmware
revision, and if they need updating.  Will have to do it for any/all
lenses and or flashes you may happen to posses.

At least in my experience.