[OM] Re: Lens Firmware Updates

Subject: [OM] Re: Lens Firmware Updates
From: John Hudson <OM4T@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 13:33:58 -0300

Now there we are talking about some serious iron, glass and rotating parts!
I bet the rotating device alone costs more than an E3.

Back to my point though, for a one stop shop on updating the firmware on an
E camera, etc  all the electronic parts have to attached together like my
FL-50R flash and 12-60 on my E510 body. If there was to be any anticipation
of updating two lenses at one time, and which is nixed up front by Olympus,
there would have to be some way of mounting two lenses to a camera body and
not just on a rotating device UNLESS the rotating device was a circuit into
which all the mounted lenses were plugged.

Perhaps this "unless" scenario was what Ian was alluding or referring to. I
have never seen or read of such a dual lens adaptor but then I don't want to
admit how small the gaps in my ignorance are !

There was no intention of taking the mickey out of Ian's comments but if
that is how my post was interpreted I do sincerely apologise.

jh