[OM] Re: charmap.exe

Subject: [OM] Re: charmap.exe
From: Michael Collins <l43g20th@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 16:22:03 -0400
Available in Start / Programs / Accessories / Character Map
even in Vista (gag). You could drop a shortcut onto the desktop or into that
little tray thing (I never remember its name) to the right of the Start
menu. [BTW I have Vista set in Classic mode to look like 98SE - YMMV.]

We used to have the desk accessory Keycaps on the Mac, but The Power That Is
decided against it at some point. Do not despair, though. In System
Preferences, select International (under Personal), select the Input Menu
tab, and check the On box for Keyboard Viewer. When you need to recall a
character code, click the flaglet in the upper right and select Keyboard
Viewer from the drop-down menu, and Bob's yer uncle. Now, wasn't that so
intuitive that you thought for a moment you were back in Windows?

Michael