[OM] Re: Yashica 1000mm lens

Subject: [OM] Re: Yashica 1000mm lens
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 18:27:27 -0400
For visual use alone a small telescope only needs a well illuminated
image circle of about 1" (25mm) diameter.  For 35mm size images one
needs an image circle larger than that which requires a larger secondary
mirror.  The larger secondary blocks light transmission and reduces
contrast through additional diffraction.  One needs to make a good
compromise in the design.

Chuck Norcutt