[OM] Re: OT Walz Envoy 35

Subject: [OM] Re: OT Walz Envoy 35
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 21:55:27 -0700
Doug wrote:
> Has anyone ever used a Walz Envoy 35? My neighbor has one but no owners
> manual. It's been more than a month since I've handled the camera, but if I
> remember correctly the settings on the lens interact. The problem I have is
> that I've never really used a ranger finder so I can't advise him much.

A couple of sources.
<http://www.testreports.co.uk/photography/ap/test-reports/Walz-Envoy-35-1-9-review-19256.asp>
and
<http://www.camerabooks.com/Products/Walz-35mm-Envoy-Camera-Instruction-Manual__3968-WALZ35MMENVOYMANUAL.aspx>

Many of those old cameras tied shutter speed and aperture dials so that
turning the combination retained the same exposure value. You set the EV
value, then could control DOF, image blur, etc. with one adjustment
without changing the EV setting.

Current Canon (and likely others) DSLRs do the same thing. In P mode,
the front dial moves  speed/aperture through settings with the same
exposure. Quite useful on occasion. Want f8, but don't want to change to
Av operation and set the aperture? Just half press and spin the dial to f8.

Moose