[OM] Re: temple

Subject: [OM] Re: temple
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 23:03:19 -0700
Brent wrote:
> Interesting.  "Moose Version 2" manages to look 'realistic' while still
> bringing out the clouds and contrast between the temple and the sky.   The
> deeper shadows on the temple definitely give it a more 3D look.

Thanks. It was really simple treatment. I pulled done the curve a lot,
then selectively applied that to only sky, clouds and building with a
mask. I painted on the mask to apply more of the darkening to the right
than the left.

By the way, when doing this kind of work, I leave the color layer on the
bottom and make the B&W conversion above it. That makes selection by
color possible on that layer, which may then be applied to a B&W layer
to do masking that's about impossible directly in B&W.
> Did you correct the perspective distortion from the 28mm somewhat as well?
> The temple seems a little more 'squat'?  Or maybe that's just the combination
> of slight rotation and contrast.

Yup, a little rotation and a bit of perspective correction. The original
looks to me like the building is leaning away from the camera. I suspect
squatter is more accurate?

Moose