[OM] Re: paypal

Subject: [OM] Re: paypal
From: "Ken Norton" <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 13:09:16 -0500
 > Americans have no idea of what high taxes are.
Yes and no.  The taxes take different forms.  We have federal income tax,
state income tax, social security tax, local city income tax, corporate
income taxes, businessproperty tax, gas tax, thumb tax, personal-property
tax, annual road tax, capital gains tax, sales tax and sin taxes. Not to
mention marriage and death taxes!

Depending on location and your lifestyle choices, these taxes can really add
up.  Even here in flyover country where everything is cheeper, I figure of
our total household income, (we are very close to earning/spending
equalibrium) over 40% goes to pay taxes of one form or another. In
California, a household with my income would probably be over 50%.

I'm "Ken the Photographer" and I DON'T want my wealth spread around.  :(

However, it is true that the US Federal Government has undertaxed by $10.5
trillion dollars to date.  Each day we're going $3.81 billion farther into
debt. With an estimated population of 305 million people, we're undertaxed
on the federal level by $12.47 per person per day.

A flat tax would never fly here because of the class warfare which is
inherent to our culture.

AG (living large in the upper quintile) Schnozz