[OM] Photoshop Bridge / Camera RAW question

Subject: [OM] Photoshop Bridge / Camera RAW question
From: John Hudson <OM4T@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 12:52:05 -0300
Here is a question I hope someone can answer because it has fooled me.

I plug my E510 memory flash card into a card reader which in turn is USB'd
into my desktop.

I open up Adobe Bridge and target the drive and folder containing the memory
card's  *.ORF [RAW] files.

Thumbnail images open up on screen.

Clicking on an image makes it live and ready for further action.

Right clicking on the "live" image offers the options of opening the image
in either Photoshop or Camera RAW.

Not all images offer the dual option of opening PS or Camera RAW. For some,
the Camera RAW option is not even displayed leaving PS as the only option.

My question..............what circumstance prevails such that the Camera RAW
option is not an option for a particular image? I have not changed any
exposure options on the camera, in the Bridge settings and I am using the
same compact flash card.

Having Photoshop and Bridge running simultaneously sucks up memory
unnecessarily and I much prefer to save the *.ORF file as a TIF or JPEG
directly through the Camera RAW option.

Hopefully there are some PS and Bridge gurus on the list for whom this is a
simple question to answer !

John Hudson