[OM] Re: Photoshop Bridge / Camera RAW question

Subject: [OM] Re: Photoshop Bridge / Camera RAW question
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 12:02:25 -0500
John,

With my E-510, I shoot RAW+jpeg.  I connect the camera to my desktop via USB
using the cable provided with the camera.  Elements 6.0 recognizes the
connection, allows me to select a destination folder, then imports all of
the files and offers me the option of deleting the files from the camera.  I
do this, and never remove a card from the camera.

I have never failed to get any files transferred.  I use the jpegs to do a
quick edit and select the files I wish to pursue.  I then open the selected
ORF file in the RAW editor and adjust the file as needed before sending it
to Elements 6.0 for final preparation.  I normally save these as TIFFs
unless I need to send them as jpegs.

With my system, I have not found a way to display RAW files as thumbnails,
hence the need for the jpegs. Otherwise, I would shoot RAW alone.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA