[OM] Re: Macs r us

Subject: [OM] Re: Macs r us
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 17:20:49 -0400
I don't dispute Firewire's superior architecture.  That's why it's
sustained transfer rate is faster than USB 2.0 even though USB 2.0 has a
faster instantaneous rate.  My only point is that scanners (even high
res and very fast ones) don't begin to stress either interface.  My
computer has 6 USB 2.0 ports and only 3 or 4 are in use so I've never
needed a USB hub.  My external drives are SATA 3... much faster than
Firewire.  Same interface as the two internal drives.

Chuck Norcutt