[OM] Re: Rollei 35/35s

Subject: [OM] Re: Rollei 35/35s
From: "Charles Geilfuss" <charles.geilfuss@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 09:26:12 -0400
Michael,
    It's nothing fancy, just a cheap 8 foot length tape measure (actually a
free gift from the hospital one Christmas). I found I was a poor judge of
distance between 3 and 6 feet (was a fisherman for a while); so for shots of
that range I set up the camera on a tripod and simply measure the distance
between the subject and the camera lens. The Rollei lens has no gradations
between the foot markers but I've found it to be pretty linear for
guesstimating where to set the lens. For example if the subject distance is
42", then set the focus one half the distance between 3' and 4'. Probably
more impotant is selecting the aperture. I used to have a chart for the
Rollei lens giving hyperfocal settings for distances and apertures. If I can
find the webpage I will forward the link to you.

Charlie